Director Darren Aronofsky Drops Out Of 'The Wolverine'


That's right, director Darren Aronofsky has decided to give up his director's chair on the set of 'The Wolverine', the sequel to 2009's 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'.

Darren put out a press release on March 16 stating:
"As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of ‘The Wolverine’ would keep me out of the country for almost a year.  I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time.  I am sad that I won’t be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again."
The acclaimed 'Black Swan' director recently divorced actress Rachel Weisz and there are rumors that a custody battle over their son may be occurring.

Filming for the movie was supposed to have begun this month in Japan for a 2012 release. However, with everything that has occurred in Japan I'm assuming FOX was going to be pushing back filming anyway.

Twentieth Century Fox stated they are disappointed that Darren has dropped out of the movie but respect his decision. They're also quoted as stating:
"Hugh Jackman and Fox both remain fully committed to making ‘The Wolverine’.  We will regroup and move forward aggressively."
I'm glad the movie is still going forward...I'm a huge X-Men fan!

source / photo via

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...