Gingerbread Man at Google

This is totally random but it amused me for a few moments so I am posting it here for myself if no one else.

From Google show off their new Android 3.0 Gingerbread OS literally with video by Matt Tran:
Google in their typical cheeky fashion has given us a massive clue that they are preparing to release their new Gingerbread 3.0 OS. The company in a very subtle move, decided basically to erect a big 3 meter tall gingerbread man on the front lawn of their mountain view HQ.

You can watch a video of the Google team delivering the massive statue in a big white van, embedded below courtesy of Electric Pig. In the past Google has humorously used statues of sweet treats to announce their new products, such as a big frozen yogurt (Froyo Android 2.2), a cupcake and eclair. The video has cleverly been titled “We’ve been baking something… and it’s pretty sweet”. Very witty but by now Google’s front lawn must look like something from the fairytale Hansel and Gretel.

And, yes, I keep thinking of Google taunting, "Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, etc." which is rather apt for a software program anyway.

And now part of me wants that Gingerbread Man for my front yard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...