Kai Joins Clay Aiken Fan Club


Surrounded by toys from friends and family, grandson Kai has been meeting Carolina relatives since he departed the plane on Wednesday. (Photo edited by Sally)

'Thumbs Up' for OMWH

Grandson Meets Carolina Clan

Hello, Clay Nation

This is Kai checking in from Carolina. It's great to finally meet you in my grandmother's blog, especially since I'm posting this report from her computer.

My mother and I flew in Wednesday, and I saw more people in one day than I have in my whole lifetime. My Mom says I was a big flirt, but I was just being friendly.

Since meeting my grandma, I've had the best time climbing all over her, watching the Noggin channel (my kind of shows 24-7), meeting members of the clan, and playing with some of the electronic gadgets around here. We also like to give each other kisses, hugs, and raspberries.

I love my grandmother's laptop; but when I almost deleted the "My Computer" icon, we immediately moved onto the telephone and an old remote control. I admit I am addicted to punching buttons.

The baby grand piano in the living room just might be my favorite new discovery. I get the biggest kick out of sitting on anyone's lap and creating songs with my palms. Grandma Caro says my songs are very close to music written by some modern composers. Who knew?!?

And of course I have listened to Clay Aiken's new CD, On My Way Here. That guy can really "sang" --plus he's from North Carolina! Now what could be finer?

For some excellent information on OMWH studio musicians, see berkley's current blog: Clay Aiken's 'On My Way Here' - Measuring The Gap Between the Critics and the Truth. While I have my grandmother totally occupied, stay tuned to Clay's Daily Double for all the latest news.

I read this journal back home, so I know how y'all like to right-click on Clay's pictures. Amazing_CA, a really sweet lady who, with my fairy godmother Sally, sent me a playpen when I was born eight months ago, provided the graphics for this CA interlude.


PHOTO INTERLUDE: Featured in this clickable interlude are three graphics by Amazing_CA. The photographers include Bigappleforclay, 1; Eric Ogden, 2; and Claylilly, 3.





Mom and I just missed the big spring recital on Sunday. On Thursday, my grandmother taught violin/viola lessons, and I enjoyed meeting her students -- two good-looking high school girls and a guy. Friday she taught piano lessons in another city; and when she returned, the next-door neighbor was mowing our front yard.

NDN came in to meet my Mom and me. He is a really nice guy and invited me to come over anytime to meet his cats. He's a bachelor and told us a very funny story. While living in Florida, he and his brother visited a family with a newborn. The baby had been passed around from adult to adult -- wow, can I ever relate to that! -- but never woke up during the entire four hours!

Mr. NDN only knows about baby kittens. Curiosity finally got the best of him, so he asked, "At what age do they open their eyes?" HEEE!!!!!

Hope y'all are doing well. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day because I will meet some twin cousins just five years older than I, and we are going to have lots of fun getting to know each other.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Clay Nation!

Kai


RELATED TAGS: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...